Medicare will cover skilled care only if all of the following are true:
- You have Medicare Part A* (Hospital Insurance) and have days left in your benefit period.
- You have a qualifying hospital stay. This means an inpatient hospital stay of 3 consecutive days or more. You must enter the SNF within a short period of time of leaving the hospital.
- Your doctor has ordered the services you need for SNF care, which require the skills of professional personnel such as registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, etc.
- You require the skilled care on a daily basis and the services must be ones that can only be provided in a SNF on an inpatient basis.
- You need these skilled services for a medical condition that:
– was treated during a qualifying 3-day hospital stay, or
– started while you were getting SNF care for a medical condition that was treated during a qualifying 3-day hospital stay.
Oak Ridge Healthcare Center’s Financial Rates: